@axewelder I tried a 3 split, see above, but it’s difficult to keep communication on here. Marla25 and I might have an opening on the last mixed offer for a 3rd split. Still trying to figure out how to talk to vinoveritas.
Good afternoon fellow Baltimore Area casemates, I have made a couple of purchases thus far and am interested in splitting out some of the cases. We will likely figure out a more efficient system eventually, but for now I will just post my details here. On a related note, does anyone have any interest in the wine that was released the morning of the 26th of January 2018: Broken Earth Winery PULL CdR Red Blend? I believe we have until Sunday night to make up our minds.
@jml326 no bother here, I think everyone might be easing into Casemates. I for one jumped on the first couple of cases and am now considering how much / how often to purchase. I fully encourage more not less communication.
It looks like the Apriori Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir is the first offering that isn’t shipping to Maryland. I guess we get the weekend off, or a chance to open one of the many bottles that have already arrived.
I am in Frederick (and I drive to DC/Baltimore all the time), always up for splitting if the offer is compelling. Feel free to send me a note if you are interested. My “cellar” is beyond full, but that hasn’t stopped me from buying before!
@jml326 Not as of yet, probably later on this morning. I was going to wait for someone to speak for the other three, but then realized it doesn’t matter, i can always arrange that later. Like i said, brain not firing so well.
@marla25 I’m so far behind in life. If you are still interested in 3 bottles would this Saturday at the Lib be ok? My kid has swim lessons on Sat now, so 9am to 10am meet up is still possible. Anything later would have to be after 3 or 4pm
@kls_in_MD I could swing a meetup Saturday. My kid has swim lesson at noon. And we typically run errands after. I could make a small change to our route and meet you somewhere on the west(ish) side of the beltway.
@jml326 Catonsville libe is fine. My Sat sched. depends some on weather. If raining much, no bike ride, so pm could be 12 noon (is that the pm one? I never know so usually just use 24 hr time.) If we can get a ride in, then maybe 1400/2pm?
I’m going to go ahead and spring for a case of the Ty. I know @jchasma wants a couple, if anyone else does, let me know. This will likely be my last unless something amazing comes up as I’ve a vacation to pay for and running out of room!
@jchasma@marla25 I wrote to CM as i had not seen this wine ship yet, but others seem to be talking about seeing it ship. Turns out the winery is taking a precaution because of the long weekend, and hotter weather in the area. So I hope to see it ship today and get it next week.
@jml326 I’ll go for one, if you want to sell one. I still have a couple in the rack from the old woot days. That guy can really squeeze a grape. If you have a spare case or 2 of Wellington around, I would be SUPER interested in a share from those!
I messaged the powers that be about this and they want us to check all the other bottles for visual signs of damage. If you could (maybe sacrifice the foil… I know sacrilegious). I might be able to get some help.
The bit right above is exactly what irritates me about this forum software. I’m subscribed to this thread, so why don’t I get notifications about all posts? I got an email for jml’s request for a split on the wine smith. I didn’t get one for jchasma’s reply. It makes no sense.
Anyone willing to split a case of the Mentida White Blend? I live just north of Silver Spring but work in Glen Burnie and pick my kid up at daycare in Ellicott City so I can meet near any of those places.
@jchasma@jml326@kls_in_MD So, there’s definitely interest in BMore. I’ll order a case with 3 bottles for @jml326 and 3 more that are “available” until someone specifically claims them. (It wouldn’t be the end of the world if I ended up with 9 bottles.) The question is whether someone else wants to order/split another case…
@jml326 The last couple bottles of sweeter wines have been too much for me lately, suppose my tastes have been changing. That said, I’m curious about this one, but don’t want to commit to more than a couple, I think.
@Zortapa@MARLA25 Great! Seems like enough interest. I’ll go ahead and grab a case and I can meet with you guys once it comes. I’m open to keeping 3-6 bottles so if anyone else wants in on our case around Baltimore, let me know!
Stillman Brown is some pretty amazing juice, recalling a few I wooted. Anybody want to split a case in quarters? Pretty expensive stuff AND I bought the case of Scott Harvey to have some daily drinkers… So, no split, no buy for me.
@NJHokie@kls_in_MD Give me a couple of days as I do not have the commitment from my coworkers on the # of bottles they want.
And @ NJHokie I work at JHH in Baltimore and I live in Baltimore. Depending on where you live could make exchange easier.
@jchasma@jml326@Zortapa OK, Thanks for the patience folks, this weekend is IT! I’m in Baltimore for bike racing on Sunday from about 0800 to 1430 (08 to 2+ pm). I’ll be at The Flower Mart Criterium at Mount Vernon Place, parenting, assistant coaching, and volunteering at a course crossing. My kid will be done racing a bit before 1030 (when my volunteer shift starts (ending at 1400.) SOOOOO: I could handoff at 1020 or just after 1400. Not sure yet where I’ll park and (depending on how many of you can meet) if I’ll roll the wine with me to the venue. This applies to Tannat and the Winesmith Cab (@zortapa).
@jml326@kls_in_MD@Zortapa I unfortunately can’t meet this weekend as we’re out of town for a family event. I’m so sorry. Can someone who can meet me in Baltimore or Towson grab two of the Tannat for me? Or if someone else just wants to buy them, I hate to keep anyone on the hook to meet.