Buffalo/WNY Annual Icewine Festival Gathering Jan 11-13, 2019

Hi All! Things are in the planning stages for our annual Icewine Festival Gathering up in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada and Sushi and Bubbly Dinner at Buffalo’s famous Seabar. (I’m not sure how I’ll be updating things in this thread, but I will find a way. It will be infinitely more difficult to make edits, etc.)

We’ll start the weekend Friday evening featuring a “Taste of Buffalo” and then do an Icewine warm-up at our house with some of ddeuddeg’s famous cheesecake. Saturday morning, we’ll head to Dick & Jenny’s for a substantial breakfast to lay a foundation for all of the Icewine tastings and food pairings that we will be enjoying. We’ll purchase our Discovery Passes and stop at 8 wineries in the NOTL region to try their food pairings. $45 Canadian or $35.16 US per Pass or check out the Holiday duo of Passes: $75 Canadian or $58.61 US per Pass! What a savings! Plus, they are offering a Black Friday Discount. Here’s the link for the Niagara Icewine Festival Website where you can pre-purchase your pass.Niagara Icewine Festival Website. Should you decide to purchase your Pass online, be sure to use a fee free credit card, if you are purchasing in Canadian funds. (We always find that we get a better rate using our fee-free credit cards than the rate that might be shown on a website. The current exchange rate is: 32%–This really makes the purchase of Icewine more enjoyable!

We may decide to make a quick stop at Niagara Falls for those who have not seen it in the winter and then, back to Buffalo for our Annual Sushi and Bubbly Dinner at Seabar featuring dinner creations by James Beard semi-finalist 2008, 2009 and 2010, Mike Andrzejewski, who also beat Bobby Flay in Bobby’s show, “Beat Bobby Flay”! And, we bring our own bottles of bubbly to share amongst the group!

Sunday, we usually plan a brunch meet-up for those who would like a chance to continue checking out the culinary experiences that abound in Buffalo! There are also a ton of breweries and distilleries that have opened up in Buffalo over the past few years . . . Yep! This is what we do in Buffalo: eat and drink!

Come join us!