2018 10th Anniversary rpm Magical History Tour/1st rpm Casemates Sally Forth

All - I will be making a reconnaissance tour to the proposed tour regions at the end of this month, and planning in earnest is in train.

While exact dates are tbd, we’re looking at parts of two weeks out of the three weeks from July 9-13, 16-20, and 23-27, 2018.

The tentative tour plan is largely as outlined in that other forum: 2018 rpm Magical History Tour interest thread

As soon as we have further details, we will let you know for those who are planning to come. As this is envisioned as an ~5 day tour (3-4 days in Lodi/Amador and ~2 days for Napa/Sonoma favorites), it will be relatively more expensive than prior tours, but we think the opportunity to spend serious time in the historic Lodi/Amador regions and to learn about not only those areas, but to understand a bit more about the wine business, will be worthwhile. It’s easy to focus on premium wineries - and we do when we can afford to - but how many of us understand how to wade through the vast oceans of commercial wine to distinguish the reliable smaller producer (whose name may even be well known) from the producer whose product has become what a cousin of mine calls “industrial”?

If you are on the list and know this is not going to work for you, let us know soon. I’m sure Joatman will return to manage the list…

More to come as more is known.